BIGGEST ESSAY COMPETITION ON #SDGs
Goal No. 2 # ZeroHunger
Theme/Topic: What is my duty to achieve #ZeroHunger by 2030?
SQURRELMASTER is organizing the biggest Essay Competition on SDGs #ZeroHunger to cerebrate Word Food Day
Interested students from grade 7 to university level can access information about the topic, organise their essay and submit online from 16th Oct 2018.
Objective of Competition:
- Students can understand about UN’s sustainable global goals and contribute themselves by exploring the topics, accessing information and use the knowledge and understanding in real life in society.
- Through essay competition student can understand the value of food and how people are affected without food and measurements can be taken to achieve ZeroHunger.
The competition is open for all students studying in India from class 7 to university level. Foreign national students can participate if they study in India.
Participation Fee: No Participation Fee
Competition is open: 16th October 2018 to 25th October 2018.
Theme: What is my duty to achieve #ZeroHunger by 2030?
- Junior Group (for Class 7 to 9) : 150-300 words
- Senior Group ( Class 10 to 12) :300 to 500 words
- College/University students: 500 to 700 words
- Certificate of Participation for all participants
- 3 winning essay will be selected in each category
- 3 winners in each category will be highlighted on SQUIRRELMASTER.co.in website
- Top 3 winners will be promoted on social Media and on SQUIRRELMASTER.co.in website
- Top 25 students in junior and senior category will get free 1 year subscription of “The Positive“- The Highly Resourceful Newsletter.
The entries will be judged on following criteria
- Identifies the topic of the essay,
- States the main points developed in the essay,
- Clarifies how all of the main points are logically related, and
- Conveys the purpose of the essay.
Terms and Conditions:
- Submit your entry online, we don’t accept offline entries.
- Plagiarism is not accepted in the competition. If you are caught plagiarising you will be automatically disqualified from the competition
- Students have to send their own work and must avoid copy from someone else work.
- Essays can only be uploaded as a .doc or .docx or.pdf format. The online platform does not accept essays from Google drive, disk drive.
- Form of Essay is to be downloaded from the link as “Essay Form” and save in your computer and save as your country name. You are not allowed to save Essay Form as your name. Upload as Essay form as your country name. If you live in Canada then save essay form as Canada and upload it online.
- Entries must be written in English.
- Decision of judges is final and no review request will be entertained
- Only one entry per participant is allowed. Once an essay is submitted, you cannot revise it, please read your entry carefully before submitting it.
- All entries must be submitted in stipulated time period from 16th October 2018 to 25th October 2018.
- Result will be declared on 15th November 2018.
- Certificates can be downloaded from 15th November and link will be available till 30th November 2018, so all participants are requested to download certificates in stipulated time.
- Kindly recheck your email id twice before submitting your essays as reference number will be sent to your registered email id. Please keep your reference number handy and in safe place so on the day of result using reference number you can download your certificate.
- If not received your reference number in inbox, kindly check spam mail and save email address in your address book for future updating.
Participate in 3 easy steps
Activities to be carried out by Participants for 10 days from 16th Oct to 25th Oct 2018 (Voluntary )
- Promote #ZeroHunger Action in your community
- Educate community about not to waste food
- Feed the needy and hungry people.
- If visiting restaurant, eat little and pack food for hungry children and feed them and feel #JoyofGiving
- Tweet & Share your story and pictures – Follow @SSQUIRRELMASTER
Our Supporting Organisations