BIGGEST ESSAY COMPETITION ON #SDGs
Goal No. 5 # Gender Equality
Theme/Topic: How to transform women’s life in rural, tribal and slum areas?
SQURRELMASTER is organizing the biggest Essay Competition on SDGs #Gender Equality to cerebrate International Women Day 2019
In the 21st century, women are more powerful and stand with men in all areas than ever. Women are working in every possible filed of work shoulder to shoulder with men. Women are reaching heights in every field and competing with men in all major post in corporate, social, political and all other field.
Now a days, women are more powerful and independence in urban areas compared to rural areas, we together can work to aware women living in rural and tribal areas about their rights and empower, educate them about their importance in society and how women are equally standing with men and contributing equally in all aspects.
Objective of Competition:
- Students can understand about UN’s sustainable global goals and contribute themselves by exploring the topics, accessing information and use the knowledge and understanding in real life in society.
- To encourage women based society and women have equal rights, equal importance and equal salary in all fields.
- To uplift quality life of women in rural areas and to stands with them where they have limited source to explore the world.
Eligibility: The competition is open for all students studying in India from class 7 to 12. Foreign national students can participate if they study in India.
Participation Fee: No Participation Fee
Competition is open: 14th January 2019 to 16th February 2019
Theme: How to transform women’s life in rural, tribal and slum areas?
- Junior Group (for Class 7 to 9): 150-300 words
- Senior Group (Class 10 to 12):300 to 500 words
- Certificate of Participation for all participants
- 3 winning essay will be selected in each category
- 3 winners in each category will be highlighted on SQUIRRELMASTER.co.in website
- Top 3 winners will be promoted on social Media and on SQUIRRELMASTER.co.in website
- A copy of the best three entries from each category will be sent to UN entities.
The entries will be judged on following criteria
- Identifies the topic of the essay,
- States the main points developed in the essay,
- Clarifies how all of the main points are logically related, and
- Conveys the purpose of the essay
Terms and Conditions:
- Submit your entry online, we don’t accept offline entries.
- Plagiarism is not accepted in the competition. If you are caught plagiarising you will be automatically disqualified from the competition
- Students have to send their own work and must avoid copy from someone else work.
- Essays can only be uploaded as a.doc or .docx or.pdf format. The online platform does not accept essays from Google drive, disk drive.
- Form of Essay is to be downloaded from the link as “Essay Form” and save in your computer and save as your country name. You are not allowed to save Essay Form as your name. Upload as Essay form as your country name. If you live in Canada then save essay form as Canada and upload it online.
- Entries must be written in English.
- Decision of judges is final and no review request will be entertained
- Onlyone entry per participant is allowed. Once an essay is submitted, you cannot revise it, please read your entry carefully before submitting it.
- All entries must be submitted in stipulated time period from 14th January 2019 to 16th February 2019
- Result will be declared on 8th March 2019.
- Certificates can be downloaded from 8th March 2019 and link will be available till 31st March 2019, so all participants are requested to download certificates in stipulated time.
- Kindly recheck your email id twice before submitting your essays as reference number will be sent to your registered email id. Please keep your reference number handy and in safe place so on the day of result using reference number you can download your certificate.
- If not received your reference number in inbox, kindly check spam mail and save email address in your address book for future updating.
Participate in 3 easy steps
Activities to be carried out by Participants
- Promote #Gender Equality Action in your community
- Educate community about Importance of women in society and about Gender Equity
- Go for a day in rural/tribal area; discuss gender equality and stands with women and their rights.
- Tweet & Share your story and pictures – Tag and Follow @SSQUIRRELMASTER
In Collaboration with
Supported & Sponsored by